- Navigate to the App Service in https://portal.azure.com
- Make sure pricing plan is B1 for the App Service
- Free SSL cert can be added only for subdomains. So add a sub domain to the App Service.
- To create a SSL certificate go to TLS/SSL settings
- Go to Private Key Certificate tab and click Create App Service Managed Certificate
- Fill up the form to create the free SSL certificate
- Go back to Custom Domains page and click Add Binding.
- Fill up the form to bind the Custom domain with the certificate
Related Article: Add Custom Domain to EUM App Service
Refer Microsoft Article: Add a TLS/SSL certificate in Azure App Service