For us to do the deployment of the SMS feature, we would need some pre-requisites to be completed.
- Create a sub-domain you would like the Users receiving SMS be registered with. An example would be firstname.lastname@example.org, where sms is the subdomain
- Create a Twilio Account, buy a phone number, and get the Phone Number, Account SID, and Auth Token ready
- Create a SendGrid Account, and Authenticate your sub-domain
- Create an account with Twilio (https://www.twilio.com/)
- You may need to select SMS as a service
- Purchase a Twilio phone number capable of sending SMS
- Keep a note of the Phone Number, Account SID, and Auth Token for later use
- Create an account with SendGrid (https://sendgrid.com/)
- Authenticate your sub-domain in Sender Authentication page. This will need some DNS entries (Possibly CName and MX Records)
We would need the following information from you:
- Please let us know the subdomain you would like the Users receiving SMS be registered with? An example would be email@example.com, where sms is the subdomain. Email sent to any address in the receiving domain or subdomain will be triggering the SMS One Time Passcode process.
- What action would you want EUM to take if it faces a Error while processing, say due to missing Mobile Number for the user, or Missing User?
Note: New User Creation or User Registration need to capture the mobile number of the user for the SMS Authentication to work.
What is a subdomain? Please refer to this article: What is a subdomain? | Domains - GoDaddy Help CA
How to find out my Domain Host to enter DNS: Please refer to this article: Finding your domain host | Cloud Identity | Google Cloud