A Private EUM Group is not available in the EUM Portal publicly for the users to self discover and join. Instead, the Group Owner/Manager/Administrator can share the link of the Group privately to targeted users so they can join the group.
- Follow the steps in the FAQ article Create EUM Group in EUM V6 Admin to create a EUM Security Group to start with
- Once the Group is created, click the Join Page tab in the Group Details page
- Change the value for the Registration Type field to "Private"
- Select the applicable Join Page Template. Out of the box EUM has only "Group Join Page" template to select.
- Leave the Approvals toggle off, unless you want the users to go though an approval process to join the group.
- Leave the Join Page Generation as Auto Generated URL, unless you want to have a custom URL
- Leave the Member Page Automation as None, as the Approvals toggle was left Off.
- Type in contents in the Join Page Body field. This is the page the users will see and will use for joining the group. Add a Join Page button by referring the FAQ article Group Join button for EUM V6.
- Leave all other fields with the default values
- Click Save
- Share the Join Page URL with the users you want to invite to the group
The Join Page Body field can contain Rich HTML contents. You can make use of the various buttons in the toolbar to do so. A few frequently used ones are highlighted here. Please refer to Using the Editor in EUM for more details on how to use the editor.