A Public EUM Group is available in the EUM Portal publicly for the users to self discover and join.
- Follow the steps in the FAQ article Create EUM Group in EUM V6 Admin to create a EUM Security Group to start with
- Once the Group is created, click the Join Page tab in the Group Details page
- Change the value for the Registration Type field to "Public"
- Select the applicable Join Page Template. Out of the box EUM has only "Group Join Page" template to select.
- Leave the Approvals toggle off, unless you want the users to go though an approval process to join the group.
- Leave the Join Page Generation as Auto Generated URL, unless you want to have a custom URL
- Leave the Member Page Automation as None, as the Approvals toggle was left Off.
- Type in contents in the Join Page Rollup field. This will appear in the EUM Portal home page and will give users an idea about the group.
- Type in contents in the Join Page Body field. This is the page the users will see and will use for joining the group. Add a Join Page button by referring the FAQ article Group Join button for EUM V6.
- Leave all other fields with the default values
- Click Save
The Join Page Body field can contain Rich HTML contents. You can make use of the various buttons in the toolbar to do so. A few frequently used ones are highlighted here. Please refer to Using the Editor in EUM for details on how to use the Editor.