User Import is a feature available in EUM 6.0.8185.1 and newer. To have the User Imports working, there needs some setup to be done. Please follow the below steps to set up User Imports
- Login to EUM Admin as a Global Admin and click the "EUM Configuration Site" under "Quick Links" in the left hand menu
- When the EUM Config Site loads, append the URL in the browser with "/_api/v2.0/drives"
So the URL would be
https://<Your EUM Config site in SharePoint>/_api/v2.0/drives
- Copy the entire JSON displayed in the page that loads
- Apply this content in any JSON formatter to find the ID for "User Manager User Imports". For example, paste in the contents in https://jsonformatter.org and Search for "User Manager User Imports". Note the value of the id found there
- Now navigate to the Resource Group in Azure where EUM is installed. An easy way to go there is by by going to EUM Admin, and clicking the "Azure AD" under "Admin" in left hand menu, and then clicking "Resource Group"
- In the Resource Group lookout for "excelonlinebusiness" API Connection and authorize it
- Click the API Connection
- Click "Edit API Connection"
- Click "Authorize" and sign in with a user having Microsoft Office Online license
- Click Save
- In the Resource Group lookout for "eum-admin-user-import" Logic App. Click it.
- Click "Edit" in the top toolbar
- Click "Parameters" in the top toolbar
- In the Parameter input form, lookout for "SharePointDocumentLibraryId" and put in the Library ID copied in step 4. Save the changes.
- In the EUM Deployment package, lookout for the folder Library Contents, and then for UserManagerImports
- Rename the excel file "UserImportTemplate" to "User Import"
- Now go to the EUM Config site in SharePoint. The easiest way to go there is to login to EUM Admin as a Global Admin and click the "EUM Configuration Site" under "Quick Links" in the left hand menu
- In the EUM Config site, click "User Imports"
- Drag and drop the User Import.xlsx file from the package to the User Manager User Imports library
To Import the Users using this setup, please refer to the related article Import Users.